Heather Poole-Gleed, trading as Shropshire Property Search Ltd., is registered with the Property Codes Compliance Board as a subscriber to the Search Code. A key commitment under the Code is that firms will handle any complaints both speedily and fairly.
If you want to make a complaint, we will:
- Acknowledge it within 5 working days of receipt
- Normally deal with it fully and provide a final response, in writing, within 20 working days of receipt
- Keep you informed by letter, telephone or e-mail, as you prefer, if we need more time
- Provide a final response, in writing, at the latest within 40 working days of receipt
- Liaise, at your request, with anyone acting formally on your behalf
We will co-operate fully with the Ombudsman during an investigation and comply with his decision.
Complaints should be sent to:
Shropshire Property Search Ltd.
39 Victoria Road
Tel: 01746 762242
If you have a query or complaint about your search, you should raise it directly with the search firm, and if appropriate ask for any complaint to be considered under their formal internal complaints procedure. If you remain dissatisfied with the firm’s final response, after your complaint has been formally considered, or if the firm has exceeded the response timescales, you may refer your complaint for consideration under The Property Ombudsman scheme (TPOs). The Ombudsman can award up to £5,000 to you if the Ombudsman finds that you have suffered actual financial loss and/or aggravation, distress or inconvenience as a result of your search provider failing to keep to the Code.
Please note that all queries or complaints regarding your search should be directed to your search provider in the first instance, not to TPOs or to the PCCB.
TPOs Contact Details:
The Property Ombudsman scheme
43-55 Milford Street,
Wiltshire SP1 2BP
Tel: 01722 333306
Fax: 01722 332296
Web site: www.tpos.co.uk
You can get more information about the PCCB from www.propertycodes.org.uk.